Creating safe, effective teaching and learning environments
T: Telephone02 7814 2997
Tier 1 universal support
Universal support is the foundation for PBL. The focus is on establishing a whole-school planned approach to wellbeing and strengthening the school learning culture.
There are seven essential features that are critical to Universal implementation which include:
· Defining Expected Behaviours
· Teaching Expected Behaviours
· Encouraging Expected Behaviours
· Effective Classroom Practices
· Responding to Problem Behaviour
· Review, Data and Ongoing Monitoring
Key features of universal support include:
· clear, shared expectations for behaviour that are explicitly taught for different school settings
· consistent positive feedback
· a range of strategies to respond to students who are not following the school's expectations
· continuous collection and use of data for decision making.
· crucially all school staff provide universal supports for all students across all settings including classrooms and non-classroom setting
105 Phillip Street
Parramatta NSW 2150
02 7814 2997
We would like to pay our respects and acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land and also pay respect to Elders both past and present.
Copyright for this website is owned by the State of New South Wales through the Department of Education. For more information go to http://www.dec.nsw.gov.au/footer/copyright.